Tuesday, January 10, 2012

VEO™ Video Preview

 

image

So you may have probably heard the buzz? I am guilty as most for banging on about VEO™, although I am under NDA, so I can’t be too specific. But if you really want to know more, go to this Linked in page!

http://www.linkedin.com/company/m-six/566626/product?report%2Esuccess=7ZNxzQ7qwKSLnUwPzMlc0NSwfaJl1iZvsHylsflisatINkcSHID5jnVaftJXqvclHlCVHE

After working for more than 4 years in stealth mode, M-SIX will soon launch VEO™, a cloud-based platform for use in the design, construction, and operation of buildings and other structures.

  • VEO™ Lux - Navigate and Visualize
  • VEO™ Logic - Coordination and Validation
  • VEO™ Time - Scheduling and Sequencing
  • VEO™ Track - Asset tracking
  • VEO™ Archive - Model-linked document library
  • VEO™ Pulse - Real-time sensor data

http://www.m-six.com/Video/li/VEO-Preview.html

image

I have had a couple of people ask me already what VEO™ is. So I will attempt to put in my typical plain English fashion.  VEO™ is not a modeller, Revit can do that & it can do it very well, that is not the market that M-Six are after. VEO™ instead is a BIM aggregator, a lifecycle platform; in my humble opinion, the piece of the BIM pie which is truly missing; true BIM 360.

I have said it before & I will say it again, the last time I got this excited about a software product was when I first saw Revit & if my memory serves me correctly most out there didn’t get it & saw it as an annoyance. Now what is the preferred BIM platform of choice? ;-)

1 comment :

Plessey Mathews said...

As VEO is an aggregator will it be platform and format agnostic.